Saturday, December 14, 2019

Lost Media #18

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Political Speech - the most Protected Right

Let's See if Matt Haberstroh will vigorously fight for my right to be heard!

DEAR MATT HABERSTROH:

Congrats on your deciding to throw your hat in to be a candidate for the Medford City Council. 





Don't start off like Newt Gingrich, Matt.

I'm happy that you are running for City Council, but you have to earn our votes...more than just being an alternative to the status quo.

The position you are taking re: public access TV is not very credible.  While some of us  have been doing the heavy lifting - John Byers and myself, specifically, you have sat on the sidelines for years.  While I legitimately met with Mayor McGlynn in 2006 (it's in the Globe and Transcript) to get the whole thing started, you were nowhere to be found. In fact, you called me names in the local paper.

While you could have produced TV and voiced your opinion on the air - and keep in mind, I'm busy interviewing politicians, Academy Award Winning film directors (Jodie Foster, Michael Moore, Charles Ferguson), Pulitzer Prize winner last week (Matt Richtel), a few more movie directors ...Gilbert Gottfried and Green line and Kitty Conneciton specials, I have seen nothing from you on access TV.

It is one thing to talk the talk, but I'm walking the walk.

No one is in the cc: or bcc - but I will be sending this letter to you around.  I think you need to give credit where it is due if you want our votes.

I will be reading an editorial about your comments on access TV to post to YouTube.

Please give credit where it is due and don't take credit for other people's hard work.

Don't start off like Newt Gingrich, Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment